Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Is this a bug? SR turns on "Store with Irradiance Map"
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Is this a bug? SR turns on "Store with Irradiance Map"

Is this a bug? SR turns on "Store with Irradiance Map" 5 years, 8 months ago #1160

• Jeffg
  • Fresh Boarder
Is this a bug?

SR turns on "Store with Irradiance Map" for area lights. This leads to the area lights not being visible in glossy reflections/specularity.

I couldn't figure why my spec highlights were going away. Then I noticed that SR was turning on "Store with Irradiance Map".

This took me a long time to track down.

Re:Is this a bug? SR turns on "Store with Irradiance Map" 5 years, 8 months ago #1161

• subburb
Hi, Jeff, very sorry for that.
i've introduced the "store in irradmap" to answer this post in CGarchitect forum :
www.cgarchitect.com/vb/30837-attention-v...ams-has-arrived.html

i'm on it actually, trying to make simplied and more efficient light optims.
Jérôme Prévost
This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it

Re:Is this a bug? SR turns on "Store with Irradiance Map" 5 years, 8 months ago #1164

• Jeffg
  • Fresh Boarder
So you're saying this will be fixed in the next update?

Another question.

Would SR be automatically setting the Reinhardt burn value to 0.5?

Re:Is this a bug? SR turns on "Store with Irradiance Map" 5 years, 8 months ago #1165

• subburb
Jeff, have you gived an eye to the "solidrocks configuration" rollout ?

There is an option "interpolate Vray lights in irrad map" with 2 options, "all types" and "planes" only.

About SR default values :
==========================
SR have factory defaults with rheinard at 0.5 value.
All default factory settings can be easily changed to match your personnal preferences !
i know, i've to make some doc to explain a little bit how to be comfortable with SR...

in waiting, here's how to do that :

create a fresh scene, and launch SR :
- make all your preferred settings in SR (quality, preset, interpolate in irrmap or not, vray frame buffer or max one, bucket size, Color mapping burn value.
- When all Sr settings seems right to you, just click on the Sr button (in init/save rollout) named :
"Save actual settingsd as solidrocks default".

Next time you launch a new scene, SR will start with your new custom settings.

Be careful if you open a old SR scene, as the scene SR settings will be restored.

I'll add a button to "reinit" a scene with custom default settings.

Hope it's more clear !

If i remember well, at the end of the video on SR website you have a litlle demo of how to make custome settings.
Jérôme Prévost
This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it
Last Edit: 5 years, 8 months ago by subburb.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.22 seconds