Logo SR Alpha 2017

Light Cache mode control ???

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #1932 by Ziggi
While I see "Reuse Irradiance Map" switch what is perfect in case of fly-throughs, I can't see "Reuse Light Cache" what is expected. I simply can't see any feature responsible for Light Caching mode of VRay (Single frame, Fly-through, From file, Progressive path tracing). Why not?

Can you comment

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #1935 by subburb
Hi Ziggi!

well the reuse irrad map button is mostly here to help user to gain time if they change point of view.

SolidRocks 0.85 is intended to manage Still renders... that's why. Newbies can be really confused with these options.

BUT : i'm working right now on 1.0, adding 2 new tools : Flythrough wnilm wizard + full anim wizard to help users to manage/render animations with Vray ;)

1.0 progress makes me enthusiast.. i'm made a new modular GUI (takes much less space on screen), corrected and improved gamma stuff.
Actually i'm incorporating anim tools.

note that this 1.0 + anim tools (pro version) will be free of charge for already SR customers ;)

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #1936 by Ziggi
Hmm,

The future of the product looks promising - actually I like SR most as VRay features aggregator (access to all features in one place). I do not really use it as render-parameters setup aid though sure your setup algorythms seem work pretty well, though IMHO are only good starting point to final tweaks and adjustments made manually.

I encurage you to continue SR development, so it doesn't loose its "aggregator" appeal. The worst in Mental Ray is for instance its feature dissipation all over the Max interface, so to setup the easiest scene one needs to jump through dozens of screens and it's damn easy to forget something. VRay is already much compact in this sense, but having SR it's a cream compared to MR.

Rgs,

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #1941 by subburb
Hey Ziggi,
i'm in mind SR for mentalray since a long time...

As soon as i've some available time, i'll start the dev ;)

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #1942 by Ziggi
For Mental Ray there already is something called Photo Studio Pro:

www.infinity-vision.de/PhotoStudio/eng/index.html

I am not aware so much of all features of this script as I stopped doing in Mental Ray some time ago and switched to Vray.

Anyway - have a look prior starting SR for MR to avoid unnecessary effort in case PhotoStudio can do the job already.

Rgs,
Ziggi

More
8 years 4 months ago #7835 by spoodge
Hi, what happened to this ? did it get developed ?

I re-use lightcache when testing to speed things up, but I still can't find any option to use it from SR.

Time to create page: 0.316 seconds

Contact informations

Subburb

32, Rue theophile Gautier
33110 Le Bouscat
FRANCE

(+33) 6 73 03 72 29

Newsletter

Keep in touch with us

facebook_32 youtube_32 vimeo_32