Logo SR Alpha 2017

Issue with applying SR parameters the scene settings...

More
10 years 6 months ago #5495 by tris3d
Hello, I'm having a really big issue (I've got a client breathing down my neck lol)

I was having issues of rendering my scene just using max and not SR because I need to batch render. When I render in solidrocks it's lightning quick 4-5 minutes a frame yet rendering in max frame buffer literally drags to the point where I have to cancel... I left one frame for 30 minutes and it hadn't even moved slightly along the progress bar. I basically need to render 477 frames so you can see my problem. I tried using the animation wizard and even the fly through mode(even though it has moving objects) but all the other machines drag the same.

So I searched your forum and found this on a recent post...

in any case, you can do safely the following :

- make a copy of your scene
- Adjust all what you need with SolidRocks
- When you're done, go into the init/save panel then
- Hit apply optimisation to scene buttons (materials and lights)
- then check ON the button named : "apply SR to Vray on exit"
- then quit SR.

All SR parameters are now applied to your scene !!
you can now use batchrender just like yoy want.

Hope it helps !

I thought this was my saving grace as if I can render the frame in 3ds max I shouldn't have any issues using batch render or the render farm. It worked initially and I literally jumped for joy. But for some reason when I moved the timeline to test a different frame it dragged again. I opened Solidrocks to make sure that can handle it and it rendered it in 5 minutes so I'm not sure what to do?

Whilst writing this I had been continuing to test and I re applied the settings from SR again and it seems to be working at the moment. I just wondered if you have encountered this or if there are any solutions.

Many thanks,

Tristan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 6 months ago #5496 by tris3d
Just to update. I set up a render using the saved file on another machine and again its crawling along. 20 minutes and it's only rendered 3 buckets. Any help would really help me out.

More
10 years 6 months ago #5497 by subburb
can you please send me a email ?
i have a beta 1.3 build with some IM frames interpolation in this build.

More
10 years 5 months ago #5504 by tris3d
Hi, sent you an email. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. More than happy to buy the new version if it's available.

If I set up an irradiance map pass first using the animation wizzard, then apply all the SR setting's to the scene file and apply the pre calculated Irradiance map in a normal animation setup(without SR) do you think that might work?

More
10 years 5 months ago #5505 by tris3d
Worst case scenario, could you possibly take a look at the scene file for me? I understand this is a lot to ask but could pay for your time.

More
10 years 5 months ago #5508 by subburb
this kind of support pays by itself, if you talk about it around you ;)
yes of course, i'm interested by having your scene for testing purpose (will remain private, of course)

Time to create page: 0.376 seconds

Contact informations

Subburb

32, Rue theophile Gautier
33110 Le Bouscat
FRANCE

(+33) 6 73 03 72 29

Newsletter

Keep in touch with us

facebook_32 youtube_32 vimeo_32