Logo SR Alpha 2017

gamma

More
15 years 10 months ago #444 by thomas_f
gamma was created by thomas_f
Hi,

I'm getting somewhat confused since I installed the new beta. Maybe I'm missing something here, but when I render using SR, using the default gamma, and then open the rendered image in Photoshop, the image appears a lot darker. I never had this problem in the previous beta. What's the correct setting if you want to see what you get?

Apart from this I love the new beta - my workflow is getting faster now...

T

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 10 months ago #446 by subburb
Replied by subburb on topic Re:gamma
noticed.
Can you specify your default values in max ?

have you dark images with SolidRocks gamma correction OFF ?

if yes, it's not terrible, i have to do something !

Anyway, to solve your problem, you can chack gamma correction ON in SR, with your preferred gamma value.

More
15 years 10 months ago #448 by thomas_f
Replied by thomas_f on topic Re:gamma
Gamma was at 1.8 in max - changed it to 2.2. But really that doesn't change the basic problem, the problem is not Solid Rocks specific - I experience it using the regular scanline renderer aswell now. But I can't recall it happening until I installed the latest SR beta. Could be a coincidence though. Maybe it's because of something else?

However, I discovered that the problem only seems to involve the Max virtual frame buffer. If I choose V-Ray frame buffer instead, the image display is consistent in SR preview/frame buffer/photoshop.

More
15 years 10 months ago #455 by subburb
Replied by subburb on topic Re:gamma
Yes you're right, VRay vfb is better in many ways... and more stable when gamma is involved.

But it seems there is a max display gamma refresh in 0.51. Another problem, too is that 0.51 forget to apply gamma when quitting SR.
I'm actually work on the problem.

The max vbf is hard to manage, as max don't save its internal gamma values with scene.

Sr have an automation, it activate the gamma correction if it detects a gamma <> 1.0 in vray gamma color settings value.

If you want i can send you a non public version in next days, to have a try of the debug i'm making actually.. ?

More
15 years 10 months ago #460 by thomas_f
Replied by thomas_f on topic Re:gamma
Yes, you could send me one if you feel like it.

T

Time to create page: 0.304 seconds

Contact informations

Subburb

32, Rue theophile Gautier
33110 Le Bouscat
FRANCE

(+33) 6 73 03 72 29

Newsletter

Keep in touch with us

facebook_32 youtube_32 vimeo_32