Logo SR Alpha 2017

Render Times go up

More
7 years 3 months ago - 7 years 3 months ago #8309 by Juanlife
Render Times go up was created by Juanlife
Hi, recently i jump from (SR 1.9, vray3.2-max 2015) to (SR 2, vray3,4-max2017), i'm trying to render old scenes Where everything works perfect without noise with bruteforce/bruteforce preset, and render times was 25-30 min per frame... now when i try to render the same scenes I get 45-55 min per frame, even when i check "no" on vray dialog opening old vray scene versions and trying to maintain the same parameters, so i decided to downgrade to (SR 2, vray 3.3 max 2016) with bad results again.
So I am seriously thinking about going back to (SR 1.9, vray 3.2-max 2015 or 2016), I do not know if I missed something or I'm doing something wrong, any ideas? thanks in advance

Juan

PD: all aps are trully licenced.
PD2: yes i try to reset vray params to default and apply preset from start but get 1+ hour render times
Last edit: 7 years 3 months ago by Juanlife.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 3 months ago #8310 by subburb
Replied by subburb on topic Re: Render Times go up
Hello Juan,
It probably comes from the new VBAA coming with Vray 3.4+

I suggest you to disable into SR options VBAA and Autopilot to let SolidRocks manage the settings instead of Vray Itself.
On scene with lot of small details, SolidRocks settings seems to perform best than Vray Auto settings.
Just have a try, i'm curious to see the result

More
7 years 3 months ago #8314 by Juanlife
Replied by Juanlife on topic Re: Render Times go up
Hi, VBAA and Autopilot are already disable

More
7 years 3 months ago #8316 by Juanlife
Replied by Juanlife on topic Re: Render Times go up
dont know why but in (SR 1.9, vray3.2-max 2015) render only with 1 render pass, but in (SR 2, vray3,4-max2017) render take 2 passes (1 prepass+render pass), in both cases im using bruteforce/bruteforce

More
7 years 3 months ago #8317 by subburb
Replied by subburb on topic Re: Render Times go up
2 prepass ??
Can you send me a screecap of the first one ?

More
7 years 1 month ago - 7 years 1 month ago #8400 by dudamel
Replied by dudamel on topic Re: Render Times go up
Same problem here... was solved disabling the vray 3.3 goodies.

But the sRGB and VBAA buttons don´t affect the render time. The Auto Pilot affects, as the SR own sets seems to be better the new vray engine algorithms at rendertimes.

I also made some tests whithout SR (but with its standard optimized settings configuration: low AA and high global subdivs) with vray 3.3 max2016: With the same settings, enabling and disabling VBAA (by Vlado´s script - renderers.current.twoLevel_adaptiveMethod=0 or 1), the render times was approximately the same (VBAA on and off).

So, i think de VBAA is not an high variable. I think the autopilot is (letting vray and VBAA controling, we have to increase AA subdivs and lower de clr threshold: the result is a pain in render times to catch the same quality with the "vintage" SR settings).

Am I right, Subburb?
Last edit: 7 years 1 month ago by dudamel.

Time to create page: 0.166 seconds

Contact informations

Subburb

32, Rue theophile Gautier
33110 Le Bouscat
FRANCE

(+33) 6 73 03 72 29

Newsletter

Keep in touch with us

facebook_32 youtube_32 vimeo_32