Logo SR Alpha 2017

Render Times go up

More
7 years 1 month ago #8407 by subburb
Replied by subburb on topic Re: Render Times go up
yes i've seen same thing.. SR settings seems to be faster in most cases than VBAA, especially when intricated geometry is here.
In other cases, flat areas/lots of glossies, VBAA + Autopilot performs best

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 2 weeks ago #8464 by usnr_ca
Replied by usnr_ca on topic Re: Render Times go up
I'm noticing a similar problem with my render times increasing after updating to SR2.05 and Vray 3.5003. I was previously on SR1.95 and 3.4002 and after opening an old file (previously rendered)and running with the new setup it gave me rendering times 3x slower than before. Approx 18 minutes vs 6.

That time was for the medium setting. On the low setting it only took 44seconds.. Seems very wide gap from Low to Medium.

I downgraded back to 3.4002 with SR2.05 and it gave the same slow results. Turning off VBAA and AutoPilot brought the render times back to around 6 minutes.

What I'm not understanding though is that we had those settings (VBAA and AutoPilot) with SR 1.95 correct?

Or were those not actually doing anything yet even though I had Vray 3.4002? Maybe just dummy buttons? I was under the impression that they were functional but possibly not...

I could roll back SR and test I guess.

Thanks for any insight.

Cheers,

Gord

More
7 years 1 week ago #8467 by subburb
Replied by subburb on topic Re: Render Times go up
Hello Gard,
i need to investigate further it may be a bug but as far i've tested VBAA and Autpilot buttons seems to work correctly.
I've tweaked a LOT the presets for V2 as they needed to be visually similar (but not time similar !)
It's simplier like this to choose the best combination.

Time to create page: 0.134 seconds

Contact informations

Subburb

32, Rue theophile Gautier
33110 Le Bouscat
FRANCE

(+33) 6 73 03 72 29

Newsletter

Keep in touch with us

facebook_32 youtube_32 vimeo_32