Logo SR Alpha 2017

Rendering Time Version 1.5 VS 1.6

More
9 years 3 months ago #7208 by subburb
Hello, very interesting post...
it would be great if i can have a copy of your scene, or part of to make some tests.
As i've introduced variable glossy subdivs related to glossiness, i've had to adapt quite a lot the presets.
i worked hard on that point, but it seem than i have to work even more ;)

1.7.2 is more versatile and can hadle very hard glossis. Different passes have much cleaner render than 1.5 (reflection, refraction, GI...)

but your results says that i need to optimise the 1.7 presets

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 3 months ago #7209 by jbrasmartins
Yes Jerome,

I'll pack it and send it to you...
Main issue here is: Glossiness and Lights in my scnene are REALLY high - Grant Warrick's Style ;) - nevertheless what's funny about this workflow is that if you crack your subdvis really high - both in light and material subdivs - and use solidrocks 1.5 preset BF+LC at VeryGood you'll get a really nice render, no noise at all, with some reasonable render times.
So in fact, I'm only letting Solidrocks control the Adaptative Image Sampler the Global DMC value and Light Cache, cause even the BF I raise up to 128/200 subdivs - depending the scene GI information.
So you think the issue might be related to any of this?

Nevertheless I'll email you the merged file, with the preset turned on, and also the preset in a separate file so you can load it directly from max, without using SolidRocks - nevertheless this preset was generated through solidrocks.

You think this is ok?

More
9 years 3 months ago #7211 by jbrasmartins
Hi Jerome,

Just finished uploading the files, you should receive the wetransfer link soon.
If you don't mind, is it possible to keep me posted on this issue?

I use a the solid rocks interface a lot, and it improved my workflow, so it would be great to see this issue solved - or a work around ;) ! Thanks.

Best,
João

Time to create page: 0.135 seconds

Contact informations

Subburb

32, Rue theophile Gautier
33110 Le Bouscat
FRANCE

(+33) 6 73 03 72 29

Newsletter

Keep in touch with us

facebook_32 youtube_32 vimeo_32