Logo SR Alpha 2017

Rendering Time Version 1.5 VS 1.6

More
9 years 8 months ago #6809 by jbrasmartins
Ok, File uploading!
You'll receive an email in a bit!
Thanks for the help!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 8 months ago #6820 by subburb
thanks ! wich file i need to open ?

More
9 years 8 months ago #6821 by jbrasmartins
The main file is the "IW_Miami_00_Montagem" where you should enable the xref's.
The "ENV_Arvores" file goes in a zip because it is loaded with proxies that i also exported to help you understand the complexity.
Hope it helps.
I'll be looking forward for news.
Best,
João’

More
9 years 8 months ago #6825 by subburb
hmmmm well SR can't modify sibdivs on Xrefs.. i've already tried many times, and no way...
it can explain the issue maybe..

More
9 years 8 months ago #6830 by jbrasmartins
Well, You can merge the x-ref's in the same file, then solidrocks can already change the subdivs.
The main issue though is that if I render with the 1.5 build it takes a lot less than the new build.
I've already tested going a bit down in the preset but the same issue maintains. The render times are completely different.
Can´t figure out what's happening...

More
9 years 3 months ago #7207 by jbrasmartins
Hi Jerome,

How's everything? I'm emailing to see if you had any input on the issue we discussed previously concerning the rendering times of the latest builds?
Again I'm dealing with this issue, and because now I've installed the latest build of vray I cannot use anymore the 1.5.1 version - which was the last build I had working fine.

Just so you have an idea, If i render with the 1.5.1 version of solidrocks, in BF+LC VeryGood preset it takes me about 23minutes to render a small region - whith excelent quality.
In the last build If I downgrade to medium preset I get a 54min render with lots of noise and no quality what so ever.

My question is, is it possible to enable the 1.5 version to work with the Vray 3.10.03?

For this project, my work around was loading the solidrocks 1.5 in the laptop, saving the preset to the maxfolder, and oppening in the PC the new file and rendering it with the MaxPreset, this way I can get back the improved render times, but this is not very helpful for ongoing projects.
I can share any details you might have, but I just find this issue really strange.

Thanks in advance - sorry for the long post?

Time to create page: 0.142 seconds

Contact informations

Subburb

32, Rue theophile Gautier
33110 Le Bouscat
FRANCE

(+33) 6 73 03 72 29

Newsletter

Keep in touch with us

facebook_32 youtube_32 vimeo_32